• On March 29, 2020 the Australian Government announced a ban on non-essential outdoor gatherings to manage and control the spread of COVID-19
• The Australian Government has indicated that restrictions are likely to take place for six months
• The 2020 Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival will be postponed to 18th – 26th September
• The festival team are continuing to follow the advice of the Australian Government and health authorities as we plan for the Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival
• Festival Passes and 3 Day Festival Passes purchased for the June – July 2020 dates will remain valid for the September dates
• If you purchased a Festival Pass or 3 Day Festival Pass before 15th April 2020 and are unable or don’t wish to attend in September, you can request a full refund which will be provided
• Please check Facebook and the website regularly for updates from our team
• If you wish to receive email correspondence from the festival, Subscribe to the newsletter.
Please READ the full message from the Festival Director Mark Melrose.
Info about the 2020 Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival
1. When will the 2020 Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival go ahead?
It has been decided that the 2020 Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival will be postponed until to 18 – 26 September 2020.
2. Isn’t there an Australian Government ban on outdoor gatherings over 500 people?
On March 29, 2020 the Australian Government banned non-essential outdoor gatherings. There are no firm dates specified in Queensland or by the Federal Government to when this ban will be lifted. There is an indication that restrictions will be in place for six months. Under these circumstances, the 2020 festival may be permitted to go ahead by 18th September. We are monitoring the situation closely and will follow any updates from the Australian Government that apply to the festival.
3. I purchased a Festival Pass or 3 Day Festival Pass. Is my ticket valid for the September dates?
Yes, if you purchased a Festival Pass or 3 Day Festival Pass, your ticket will become valid for the postponed festival dates on 18 – 26 September 2020.
4. I am unable or do not wish to attend the festival in September. Can I get a refund?
If you purchased a Festival Pass or 3 Day Festival Pass before 15th April 2020 and are unable or don’t wish to attend in September, you can request a full refund which will be provided net of booking and processing fees. By retaining your ticket you’d be providing welcome support to the Australian film and television industry during a challenging time.
5. I have bought a ticket off someone else. If I request a refund would the original ticket owner get it, or would I?
The ticket will be refunded to the person who purchased the ticket via the Vision Splendid Outback Film Festival website. If you have purchased your ticket off someone, you will be required to arrange a refund through the original ticket purchaser.
6. What measures will you put in place to keep everyone safe?
We will follow the advice of the Australian Government and health authorities to implement any health and safety measures to ensure the safety of our patrons. We will release further information about our plans when it is available.
VOLUNTEERS AND CONTRACTORS
1. I’m a volunteer or contractor and no longer wish to attend. What should I do?
If you are a volunteer, vendor or contractor please get in touch with the Festival Director via email at email@example.com.